Here’s a money hack of sorts, that can save you big money: the Amazon Prime Card Bonus.
To take advantage of this deal hack, you’ll have to hold the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. the card has a $0 annual fee, but you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member in order to apply. Amazon Prime membership costs $139 annually (it’s discounted at $69 a year for students or $6.99/month for some qualifying government assistance recipients). The card has a myriad of benefits, like 5% back at Amazon and Whole Foods, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, travel insurance, extended warranty and purchase protection.
But one of the best benefits can actually double the 5% earnings on certain Amazon products to 10% — but only for certain windows of time. And among the products eligible for 10% back include the DJI Mavic 3, the DJI Air 2S and the DJI FPV drone. But hurry, this offer is only available until Dec. 20.
Here’s how the 10% discount on DJI drones purchased on Amazon works:
- Purchase a qualifying Prime Card bonus product. You can browse every eligible product here. All of them offer at least 10% back, and some offer even more. The eligible DJI drones are:
- DJI Mavic 3 (normally $2,199, on sale for $2,049): Pay with your Amazon credit card to get $204 back.
- DJI Air 2S ($999): Pay with your Amazon credit card to get $99 back.
- DJI FPV Combo (normally $1,299, on sale for $899): Pay with your Amazon credit card to get $89 back.
- Pay for the purchase using your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card (don’t pay with other methods such as a gift card).
- The card always gets you 5% back, so this adds an additional % back (in the case of the DJI drones, the additional % makes it 10% back).
- Within two billing cycles, you’ll see the money added to your account, either as rewards points when you pay with a store card, or as a statement credit for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
While the Amazon Prime Card Bonus program is usually available year-round, the specific deals are limited-time only. All three of the DJI drone deals listed above end on Tuesday, Dec. 20.
If you can pay on an eligible Amazon credit card, this makes Amazon the best place to buy the above DJI drones. For starters, the savings are huge. For example, Amazon has made the DJI FPV Combo on sale to everyone for a 31% discount. But with some financial gymnastics (assuming you’ll spend the statement credit), you might perceive the FPV Combo has a 37% discount once you get that rewards money back.
You likely won’t find DJI drones that cheap anywhere else.
And the savings aren’t the only reason to shop for drones on Amazon. Amazon offers free and ultra-fast shipping for most orders. Returns are easy; Amazon sends you shipping labels to cover the shipping cost, or you can simply print back the returned items to the Customer Service desk at Whole Foods which can be even easier. Refunds are fast, with the money back to your account within 3-5 days of the return being processed.
Don’t delay, as the specific 10% DJI deal ends on Dec. 20. Shop now, and you might be the giver of one of the best drone Christmas gifts yet.
The post This Amazon credit card tip can get you 10% back on popular DJI drones appeared first on The Drone Girl.